Department of New Media
(W402A, W402B, W402C)
This document describes the policies for the Digital Cinema Suite (W402A, W402B, W402C). These facilities are for post-production including audio and video editing, visual effects, colour correction and finishing. The facility is reserved for students enrolled in courses that require usage of the Digital Cinema Suite and who have completed the appropriate classes and training.
- Absolutely no food or drink is permitted any room of the suite.
- The student who books the space is responsible for any damage or theft of equipment and the conduct of any guests they may bring in to the labs.
- The Department of New Media and/or uLethbridge are not responsible for theft of personal belongings left in the labs.
- Upon entering the suite, quickly perform a visual inspection. If there are any issues, please notify the New Media Technical Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon possible.
- The Digital Cinema Suite is reserved for and can only be booked by New Media students, and New Media faculty and staff.
- Students must be authorized to use the labs by their instructor who contacts the New Media Technical Specialist.
- Courses that utilize the Digital Cinema Suite include: NMED 3010, NMED 3510, NMED 3620 and special topics courses as approved by the Chair of the department.
- Students must have paid the New Media Equipment Deposit in order to access the suite.
- Students not currently enrolled in these classes that have received the appropriate training may still use the suite. Priority access, however, will first be given to students currently enrolled in courses listed above.
- Graduate students may use the Digital Cinema Suite, however they must receive the appropriate training from an authorized faculty member.
Updated: January 2015
- To book the suite users must be added to the booking system. To be added to the system, please contact the New Media Technical Specialist (email@example.com)
- Once a student has been added to the system, he or she can book time by visiting the following link: http://newmedia.uleth.ca/booking (to access this link off campus, a VPN must be utilized).
- Bookings are limited to a maximum of four hours per day and up to twelve hours per week.
- Faculty may reserve times in the suite during an entire semester for curriculum-related activities by contacting the New Media Technical Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- During the summer, booking of the suite by undergraduate students will require permission from an authorized faculty member and the Chair of the Department of New Media.
- Users may bring guests into the space but all guests must be identified at the time of booking. The user is responsible for the conduct of all guests.
- Please be aware the space may be unavailable for equipment upgrades or software upgrades during certain times of the year that will be announced in advance whenever possible.