There are opportunities for casual student employment within the Faculty of Fine Arts and in the community throughout the year. Check back often for opportunities to find casual work.
Faculty of Fine Arts Employment Opportunities
University Theatre - Box Office Assistants
Contact: Amanda Berg
Contact Amanda Berg, Theatre Operations Supervisor, for more information about this position.
*Note - Box Office positions have been filled, however we are happy to continue to accept resumes throughout the semester.
Department of Drama - Student Assistants
Contact: James McDowell
The Department may hire two or three students to work as student assistants in various areas (i.e. Scene and Prop Shop, Costume Shop). A letter of application accompanied by a completed class schedule (indicating applicant is able to work on a regular basis), and resume can be emailed to James McDowell, Production Manager.
- Properties Assistant
- Scene Shop Assistant
- Costume Shop Assistant
Department of Art - Life Models Needed
Contact: Shawn Coburn
Interested in a side job that isn’t picky about a dress code? The Department of Art is seeking models for painting and drawing from life (sometimes even sculpting) in the 2019-2020 academic year. Casual hours (weekday mornings, afternoons, and evenings). $20/hour payment. No experience required. ALL BODY TYPES NEEDED! (all piercings, all tattoos, all sizes, all shades, and all abilities welcome). Contact Shawn Coburn for more details or to apply.
Experienced Artist Needed! Local pop band seeking artist for album cover and promos. Looking for experience and talents in digital painting and/or skills in Adobe with photo-real creation or manipulation. Budget: $300 for album with front and back covers and 5 promo images. Deadline TBD. Contact: Matthew Danforth email@example.com
The Lethbridge Hurricanes are currently looking for a game-night mascot! We are looking for a fun, enthusiastic, and energetic person to bring life to our beloved, Cane! The position is paid per-game @ $60.00/game and would be a great opportunity for a student in the Fine Arts Department! It is expected that you show up to all home games (can be flexible with exams).
If you would like to inquire about this position contact Cam.
Supervisor of Screenings in Modern Languages Film Series Needed! The following 5 dates require coverage: Sept 18th, Sept 25th, Oct 10th, Oct 24th and Nov 6th and hours are 4:15 to 6:46pm. Location is University Hall E690.
- The day before the screening, obtaining the copy of the DVD from the series organiser
- Coming prepared with some very basic information about the film (country of origin, date of production, name of director, and significant awards the film has won, ...).
- Setting up the film (usually a DVD) and sound system in E690 for a start time of 4:30.
- Taking attendance on the sheet provided.
- Introducing the film very briefly (2 minutes).
- Playing the film and remaining present throughout the screening to address any technical issues.
- Facilitating a brief discussion of the film afterwards (sharing impressions with the students).
- Overseeing the sign-out sheet (required for any student who is seeking a bonus mark in any U of L course). This includes explaining to late-comers that they must have been present for the ENTIRE screening in order to seek a bonus mark for any course.
- Retrieving the DVD, shutting down the equipment and classroom.
- Returning the DVD to the series organiser within 24 hours of the screening.
Hourly wage (for 3 hours per screening) will be commensurate with U of L’s policy for student remuneration. For more information contact (the Department of Modern Languages & Linquistics): Beth Gerwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (403) 332-4572
Display Opportunity for Local Artists! Showcase your work at The Port Coworking Space! Located in the heart of Downtown Lethbridge, The Port provides a venue for local artists to share their work in a creative, collaborative, shared work space. This is a great opportunity to get some exposure and make connections with the Lethbridge business community. We take no commission if someone wants to purchase. We're all about supporting local and making connections. Check out theportyql.com, and call 403-894-3150 or email email@example.com for more info on the space or to contact us
Are you teaching private music lessons or interested in becoming a private studio teacher? Why not consider joining ARMTA, the Alberta Registered Music Teachers’ Association? There are many benefits for teachers and their students including professional development, regular recitals, advertising, liability insurance and opportunities to share with and gather information from other teachers in a supportive environment. Teachers of all instruments are welcome to join!
Email Christine Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the following links for more information:
- Lethbridge Registered Music Teacher Association Membership
- Alberta Registered Music Teacher Association Membership
- VOX MUSICA - Young Adult Membership
Display Opportunity for fine arts students and staff! Showcase your 2D art work in the Garden Court Dining Room at the Lethbridge College! We have so much wall real estate in our dining room, and would love the opportunity to show local art, so I am reaching out to the community to see if there would be any interest. We would take no commission should the art sell while in our dining room. We simply get the pleasure of showcasing the art in our space. If you are interested call 403-320-3230 or email email@example.com