There are opportunities for casual student employment within the Faculty of Fine Arts and in the community throughout the year. Check back often for opportunities to find casual work.
Faculty of Fine Arts Employment Opportunities
University Theatre - Box Office Assistants
Contact: Amanda Berg
Contact Amanda Berg, Theatre Operations Supervisor, for more information about this position.
*Note - Box Office positions have been filled, however we are happy to continue to accept resumes throughout the semester.
Department of Drama - Student Assistants
Contact: Dave Smith
The Department may hire two or three students to work as student assistants in various areas (i.e. Scene and Prop Shop, Costume Shop). A letter of application accompanied by a completed class schedule (indicating applicant is able to work on a regular basis), and resume can be emailed to Dave Smith, Production Manager.
- Properties Assistant
- Scene Shop Assistant
- Costume Shop Assistant
Department of Art - Life Models Needed
Contact: Shawn Coburn
Interested in a side job that isn’t picky about a dress code? The Department of Art is seeking models for painting and drawing from life (sometimes even sculpting) in the 2018-2019 academic year. Casual hours (weekday mornings, afternoons, and evenings). $20/hour payment. No experience required. ALL BODY TYPES NEEDED! (all piercings, all tattoos, all sizes, all shades, and all abilities welcome). Contact Shawn Coburn for more details or to apply.
IAST - Web Developer Needed
INTERACTIVE ART, SCIENCE, AND TECHNOLOGY IN WESTERN CANADA (IAST.CA) seeking web developers immediately for short-term contract work. Fluency in WordPress and wiki development an asset. IAST is a cluster of 70+ scholar-artists and graduate students at 13 institutions in the 4 Western Canadian provinces.
20+ hours (with possibility of extension)
Before 31 July, 2019, please respond to <email@example.com> and send the following:
- Briefly outline your experiences in web (WordPress and wiki development, if possible)
- If possible, provide an on-line example of your work
Atkinson & Associates Realty Seeking Social Media Content Creator
Atkinson & Associates Realty is a fun, young, real estate brokerage that focuses on being industry leaders while also cultivating a positive and supportive work environment. We are seeking to add some top notch, passionate and friendly creative talent to our Atkinson & Associates family.
Here's a few things we're looking for!
- An upbeat personality who can, as my mom says, give and take. We don't take ourselves too seriously here and show our love for one another through humour. I'd love to give you some examples however they may not be job ad appropriate. At least that's what she said.
- Amazingly good at detial. So good in fact that my typo is driving you absolutely crazy and you'll be up all night thinking about it.
- Are you chillingly chill AF even when there's a tornado of chaos around you? Cool, because we need that vibe! Not to say we're not, but it's nice to have someone else around who can laugh off a stressful day.
- Do you spend a lot of your spare time making yourself look good on social media but would really like to make someone else look amazing!? Luckily we have a ton of stuff you can post that will make us look like the rockstars we are!
What can you expect in a day?
- Communicating with people in the super friendly and awesome way that you do...because you're a super star professional!
- Taking pictures of houses while also working with super cool VR technology called Matterport. You also get to do some cool shots of our people!
- Love videos? We do too! We need videos of houses, people, team events, dogs, babies, and blades of grass…you get the point. It’s a range and we have a ton of creative ideas. We have a YouTube channel. Help us build that!
- Editing photos to make us look less red, middle-aged, or tired. You get the point. Make us look like you in Instagram….again, we’re old and don’t get it.
Familiarity with the following programs is necessary:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Gmail (and related applications)
- Social Media Platforms
- Other things you probably learned in school that we have no idea exist
ANSWER the QUESTION with your Application: If you could describe yourself in a GIF, what would it be?
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Meliorist is hiring a Designer for 2019/2020
The Designer is responsible for developing, structuring, and laying out various elements of the Meliorist Magazine as well as posters and promotional materials. View the complete job posting online.
Calling All Artists! Vertigo Theatre Currently Seeking Early Career Theatre Artists for our 2019-2020 Season
We define early career as an individual who has less than 10 years of professional experience in their chosen field. Established artists who are in the early stages of transitioning between disciplines may also apply. We are seeking applicants for the following paid positions:
• Assistant Directors (2 positions) – On-the-job learning experience assisting the Directorof one of Vertigo’s five productions.
• Production Apprentice (2 positions) – Production Apprentices will receive hands-on technical experience assisting the production department mount one of our main five shows. Hands on experience will include lighting, sound, staging, props, paints and more.
• Design Assistants (2 positions) – Support the work of either a set, light, costume, projection, or sound designer on one of Vertigo’s five mainstage productions.
Vertigo is dedicated to the revitalization of the Mystery Theatre genre, and to inspiring andmentoring the next generation of arts leaders. One of Vertigo Theatre’s core values ismentorship. We believe that as an integral part of Calgary’s arts community it is our responsibility to build the capacity among the artists, arts administrators, technicians, and arts companies who make this community their home. With this search for early career artists, we hope to provide access points to engage with a wide variety of theatrical experiences.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- A letter of intent addressing:
- Your interest in Vertigo Theatre;
- A description of your ideal learning experience;
- The skills you hope to develop or gain during your time at Vertigo;
- Questions you’re currently exploring in your artistic practice; and,
- Any preferences for productions you’d like to work on in the 2019-2020 season
- A current resume/CV
- Designers should include a portfolio, link to online portfolio, or samples of your work
These are paid opportunities, with fees in line with the scope and scale of each position. If you have inquiries about a particular position’s fee, your eligibility for the program, or any other questions about this call for applications, please feel free to contact Jenna Rodgers, Artistic Associate at email@example.com.
The deadline for this application process is Friday, May 3rd, 2019 at 11:59 MST. We will be in touch in May to set up interviews with successful candidates.
Charmed Playhouses seeks Social Media Coordinator/Content Manager - Videography and Photography
Charmed Playhouses is a small business located just in Lethbridge County. Formed in 2015, Charmed Playhouses has built playhouses for notable celebrities and athletes such as Ryan Zimmerman (MLB Player), Steph Curry (NBA 2x MVP), Alana De La Garza (Law and Order; CSI). In 2016, Charmed Playhouses’ TV Show aired on TLC (Playhouse Masters). Airing for 8 episodes, this TV show has been broadcast nearly worldwide (Malaysia, Mexico, USA, Canada, and more).
With a little more than 10 employees, Charmed Playhouses’ vision is to “build imagination” by practicing its values of quality, family, playfulness, progress, creativity, synergy, and magic. Charmed Playhouses’ target market is very niche, since starting prices of playhouses are around $20,000.
The Content Managers are in charge of actively creating content for our social media platforms, including (but not limited to): Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. Content Managers photograph, shoot video, edit content, assist in branding strategies, and weave stories together through artistic vision.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Upload short, daily videos to YouTube / Instagram.
- Edit videos, create storyboards, create social media photos.
- Cultivate a sense of family and community through our social media platforms.
- Find innovative ways to market our products through content creation.
- Photograph products for use on brochures, online stores, and marketing.
- Assist in keeping a content schedule and interacting with social media audience.
- Pursuing an education in New Media, Marketing, or similar disciplines Experience with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
- Detailed portfolio of videography and photography will be required.
- Experience with MailChimp, HubSpot, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media and marketing platforms would be an asset.
- Spontaneous, fun-loving, and innovative.
- Ability capture “the moment” and find joy and fun in those moments.
Charmed playhouses will provide a full scholarship for the semester worked (~$2800.00). Contact Tyson Leavitt and Brady Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.844.543.9273. Application Deadline: Thursday, April 25, 2019
Call for Submission: RISE Emerging Artist Program 2019
Submission Deadline: Monday, April 22, 2019
The exhibition is approximately four weeks long, allowing the selected emerging artist the opportunity to educate, exhibit, sell, and promote their artistic practice within the Bow Valley. When accepted, the emerging artist will be paired with a local artist mentor that will help guide the artist through preparation and planning for the exhibition, the installation of the exhibition, and the artist talk for the opening reception. Artists receive a $1000 honorarium for being a RISE Emerging Artist at artsPlace.
The deadline for submissions is Monday April 22, 2019. Please submit one PDF file containing the written items 1-8. Please also submit 10 individual .jpeg images.
Send submissions to: email@example.com, subject line: RISE Emerging Artist Submission.
1. Cover Letter
This letter of introduction contains current contact information including a mailing address, email, and telephone number. The letter should also indicate first and second choice for exhibition slot dates. If you are applying as a collective please list all member names and disciplines, but clearly state which person is the main contact.
2. Project description
The project description should indicate the media, technique, theme and/or context of the artwork, and title of the proposed exhibit. It should be clear in the project description whether the exhibition is already a completed body of work or will need to be completed.
It should also address any specific technical or spatial requirements regarding the installation of the work.
3. Artist statement/ Collective Statement
300 words maximum.
4. Curriculum Vitae
Maximum 2 pages, with a font size no smaller than 10pt.
6. Corresponding Image list
Image list should provide: number corresponding to file name, title of artwork, size of artwork, medium, year produced, proposed value, and if it will be part of the exhibition? (Y/N)
7. Description of Artist Talk or Community Focused Demonstration
On the evening of the opening reception, RISE Emerging artists are asked to engage the public in a short artist talk or a short community focused demonstration of their arts practice. Please provide a description of your proposed short artist talk or short community focused demonstration.
8. Relevant Support Material/Letter of Reference
Please include a letter of reference from someone affiliated with your art career. If relevant, please include a selection of support material, such as copies of recent reviews or publications featuring the artwork.
9. A maximum of 10 Images
Each image MUST be numbered and include the name of the artist and title of each artwork. Please submit images via email only. Files MUST be in .jpeg or other standardized format with a minimum of 500KB and maximum of 1MB. Label images: last name, first name, title of work, and number matching the corresponding image list i.e.SmithJosephineTitle1.jpg
403 609 2623 x104
Display Opportunity for Local Artists! Showcase your work at The Port Coworking Space! Located in the heart of Downtown Lethbridge, The Port provides a venue for local artists to share their work in a creative, collaborative, shared work space. This is a great opportunity to get some exposure and make connections with the Lethbridge business community. We take no commission if someone wants to purchase. We're all about supporting local and making connections. Check out theportyql.com, and call 403-894-3150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on the space or to contact us
Are you teaching private music lessons or interested in becoming a private studio teacher? Why not consider joining ARMTA, the Alberta Registered Music Teachers’ Association? There are many benefits for teachers and their students including professional development, regular recitals, advertising, liability insurance and opportunities to share with and gather information from other teachers in a supportive environment. Teachers of all instruments are welcome to join!
Email Christine Rogers at email@example.com, or visit the following links for more information:
- Lethbridge Registered Music Teacher Association Membership
- Alberta Registered Music Teacher Association Membership
- VOX MUSICA - Young Adult Membership
Display Opportunity for fine arts students and staff! Showcase your 2D art work in the Garden Court Dining Room at the Lethbridge College! We have so much wall real estate in our dining room, and would love the opportunity to show local art, so I am reaching out to the community to see if there would be any interest. We would take no commission should the art sell while in our dining room. We simply get the pleasure of showcasing the art in our space. If you are interested call 403-320-3230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org