Due to high demand for this program, Mitacs is limiting access to the program at this time. They apologize for this inconvenience and invite you to contact them at GRA@mitacs.ca for updates and more information, and to see if they can accommodate your proposal.
Applications are accepted anytime however the follow timeline is suggested.
- January for travel the following summer
- May for travel the following fall
- September for travel the following winter
- $6,000/year for 12-24 weeks research projects
- Graduate students; Canadian, PR, international
The Globalink Research Award offers senior undergraduate and graduate students at Mitacs full and associate partner universities the opportunity to participate in 12- to 24-week research projects supervised by professors at accredited universities in the following Mitacs partner countries: Brazil, mainland China, India, Mexico, Turkey and Vietnam.
The Mitacs Globalink Research Award provides funding to support student research projects abroad.
- Up to $6,000 in research award to Canadian supervisor for student travel expenses
- For joint projects with academic collaborators
- Open to senior undergraduate and graduate students
The following opportunities support travel and research from Canada to universities in:
- EU member countries
- In France, both universities and Inria Research Centres are eligible host institutions
- Saudi Arabia
- United Kingdom
- United States
*This information above is subject to change. Applicants are responsible for confirming application details, as required. Funding is limited, and applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
Submit completed (WITHOUT the Dean of SGS and VP Research signatures) applications to SGS Award Advisor (AH 115) for review and to obtain remaining signatures. All completed and signed applications will be submitted via email direct to Mitacs as per their instructions.
NOTE: Dean of SGS and VP Research signatures cannot be obtained without first being reviewed by the SGS Award Advisor.
For information and application please visit Mitacs Globalink -Research Award website