The NSERC USRAs are meant to nurture your interest and fully develop your potential for natural sciences and engineering research career. They are also meant to encourage you to undertake graduate studies in these fields. If you would like to gain research work experience that complements your studies in an academic setting, these awards can provide you with financial support through your host university. NSERC encourages qualified Aboriginal students to apply for this award.
The NSERC USRA provides a nontaxable stipend of $6,000 for sixteen consecutive weeks at 35 hours of work per week. The supervisor provides a top-up to the NSERC portion. New for 2022 – the supervisor portion is now $2,730.
• December 2021 — Launch of 2022 NSERC USRA competition
• January 31, 2022, at 4 p.m. — Application deadline
• February – March 2022: Applications sent to the NSERC Scholarship Selection Committee for review and
• March 2022 — Notice of Decisions distributed to applicants
• May-August, 2022 (16 consecutive weeks) — Term of the award
For more information on Full Eligibility and How to Apply, click here.
NSERC website: Resource Video, the Undergraduate Student Research Awards, Form 202 (must be logged in to NSERC Online system), and the Instructions for Completing an Application -- Form 202.
If you have any questions regarding the upcoming NSERC USRA competition, don't hesitate to contact Sola Fasunwon (email@example.com) in the Office of Research and Innovation Services.