Educational Developer during the day - Language Instructor at will - Herbalist Apprentice in training
Being an open practitioner, I embrace the open exchange of knowledge, resources and experiences in my professional and personal life.
As an Educational Consultant, I am commited to supporting you in your academic development in the best possible way I can. In the last 5 years of working for the UofL Teaching Centre, I have also been active in:
- building an active and ongoing OER campus Community of practice, supporting faculty and library in transition to OER and helping the UofL to be (inter)nationally connected and represented in the Open Education Movement,
- building and maintaining a campus community, in which members are growing their digital teaching skills through in face-to-face and online faculty learning experiences.
- promoting a holistic lens to faculty achievement. At the core of my thought and work is the support of the whole person within the greater framework of the academic institution and the different roles associated with it.
- investigating the impact of open course resources on student learning and achievement.
- engaging in the national Educational Developer Caucus and international Critical Pedagogy Lab communities to inspire my practice, share my work and further grow my skills in this newly emerging field.
I look forward to assisting you in any of the areas below:
- Accessibility of Education
- Assessment and Evaluation of Learning
- Critical Digital Pedagogy
- Ethical, Innovative and Purposeful Use of Educational Technology
- Inclusive Course Design
- Language Teaching and Learning as Second and Other Languages
- Online and Blended Teaching
- Open Education: Open Access to Quality Collaboration/ Content/ Pedagogy/ Research
- Peer Feedback for Teaching Development
- Pressbooks hosted Open Education Alberta
- Task-Based and Active Learning
- Teaching Philosophy and Portfolio
- SoTL Research
- Student Engagement
The cards below link to digital representations of my work. Click to browse any if interested.