WCB Requirements

University Employees:

WORKERS' COMPENSATION is a type of insurance which covers any accident that arises out of, or occurs in the course of employment. All Workers' Compensation claims must be reported to the WCB, by Employee Wellness within 72 hours of the accident (WCB Section 28(2)). If you require a "Workers" report for submission to WCB, please see the following link: https://www.wcb.ab.ca/claims/report-an-injury/for-workers.html

When to report

If involved in an accident at work that results in an injury, damage to personal property (e.g. Glasses) or requires a visit to a medical practitioner such as a chiropractor or physician.

Where to report

Complete the Campus Accident Incident Report. Whenever possible, contact the Wellness Coordinator wellness@uleth.ca prior to visiting a medical practitioner. If you seek medical attention you must notify the attending physician that it is a Workers' Compensation claim.

How to Report

Report https://www.uleth.ca/campus-safety/safety-reporting and call Wellness at 403-332-5217.

Out of Country

Any University employee, who is going overseas on required University business, for less than a 12 month period, has WCB coverage. You are required to provide the Wellness Office with details of the date of your departure, your length of stay and what country you will be traveling to.