The Animal Welfare Committee (AWC) of the University of Lethbridge in compliance with the Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC) requires all personnel who will be working with research animals to complete appropriate training and that the University of Lethbridge maintain records to document this training. Until your training is successfully completed, access (including direct supervision access) to the animal facility is PROHIBITED unless prior authorization has been received from the Rodent Research Facility Coordinator.
STEP 1: Complete the below form to reserve your preferred lab training date and time:
- To prevent delays, please ensure that the form is complete.
- Registration deadline is 5 working days prior to the available wet lab.
- Please allow the Training Coordinator 3 working days to coordinate your registration.
- You will receive a copy of the registration form by email within 10 minutes of submitting. If you do not receive a copy of the registration form, contact the Training Coordinator.
- If you are a previous animal user returning to animal use after an extended period of not handling animals (typically 6 months or longer), you will be required to repeat the Orientation Online Tutorial (Module 3), the Handling Online Tutorial (Module 4) and be assessed for animal handling proficiency.
STEP 2: The Training Coordinator will send a confirmation email request to your Primary Investigator (PI) for approval
STEP 3: The Training Coordinator will email you the following information:
- Your confirmed training date(s)
- Details on your registered lab training session
- Login information for the required online tutorial(s) (see Course Information below)
- Note: All prerequisites must be completed no later than 1pm on the day prior to your reserved date of training