Prentice Institute Research Seed Grant
Preamble and Purpose:
The Prentice Institute supports its research affiliates in their application for external research grants by offering the Prentice Institute Research Seed Grants (PIRSG). The Institute encourages research affiliates to build research teams, possibly interdisciplinary teams, which could include colleagues at the University of Lethbridge or elsewhere. The PIRSG is not intended to provide funding for major projects initially but rather projects that are conceptualized to be applicable for subsequent external funding.
Awards are limited to a maximum of $5,000.00. Two awards will be given per annum.
Evaluation and Criteria:
All applications are reviewed by the Prentice Research Advisory Committee which makes recommendation to the Steering Committee for final decision. There will be one annual competition.
The criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Fit with the mandate of the Prentice Institute.
- Overall merit of the research proposal.
- Originality and significance of the proposed research, including suitability of research strategies/methods, importance of the overall research program, suitability of the timetable.
- Likelihood of project developing into an externally fundable project.
- Research record of the applicant/lead researcher.
- Training of graduate students.
- Justification of the proposed budget.
- Likelihood of the project developing into an externally fundable project.
University of Lethbridge Research Affiliates of the Prentice Institute and their research teams are eligible to apply.
For more information on how to apply, please visit https://www.uleth.ca/prenticeinstitute/prentice-institute-research-seed-grant-pirsg