Prentice Institute Research Affiliate Funding (PIRAF)
Preamble and Purpose:
The Prentice Institute Research Affiliate Funding (PIRAF) is part of the overall mechanism to encourage research collaboration among its research affiliates to conduct research for the Institute. The funding is awarded primarily through explicit calls for collaboration on PI research priority areas, directly encouraging individuals to develop research partnerships, identifying synergies and similar interests that would result in productive collaborations, and or holding workshops locally, nationally and internationally on topics that situate the role of the Prentice Institute in contributing towards policy development and effective practices.
Awards are limited to a maximum of $20,000.00 per research project. Up to 3 awards will be given per year.
Evaluation and Criteria:
All applications are reviewed by the Prentice Research Advisory Committee which makes recommendation to the Steering Committee for final decision.
The criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Fit with the mandate of the Prentice Institute.
- Overall merit of the research proposal.
- Originality and significance of the proposed research, including suitability of research strategies/methods, importance of the overall research program, and suitability of the project schedule for completion.
- Research record of the applicant/lead researcher.
- Justification of the proposed budget.
University of Lethbridge Research Affiliates of the Prentice Institute and their research teams are eligible to apply.
For more information on how to apply, please visit: https://www.uleth.ca/prenticeinstitute/prentice-institute-research-affiliate-funding-piraf