Prentice Institute for Global Population and Economy: Call for Research Funding Proposals (PIRAF Stream)
The Prentice Institute Research Affiliate Fund (PIRAF) 2021 application process will open February 4, 2021. Total funding for the PIRAF stream is capped at $60,000. The maximum eligible amount is $20,000 per award – smaller amounts/projects are eligible. A proposed project is anticipated to take 12 – 18 months to complete. The deadline to apply for the Prentice Institute Research Affiliate Fund is April 15, 2021, with decisions anticipated in early summer 2020. Project deliverables should include academic outputs (publication, conference presentation), a project report, and a contribution to the knowledge mobilization streams of the Institute (working paper, policy report or brief, webinar, etc.)
A full description and application template for the PIRAF is available at www.uleth.ca/prenticeinstitute/PIRAF.
To apply, one must first be an Affiliate of the Prentice Institute for Global Population and Economy at the University of Lethbridge (see Become a Prentice Institute Research Affiliate). To address questions about the application process, or to discuss the potential fit and alignment of the proposal with the mandate and operations of the Institute with the Director, please contact the Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org or (403) 380-1814.
Funding for “bench” science, travel, events, hosting or visiting scholars is not usually considered eligible.
The Institute is particularly interested in innovative and multi/interdisciplinary proposals that align with the following:
1. Population dynamics, population health, and resource scarcity;
2. Socio-economic impacts of migration, trade, development and resource extraction/scarcity;
3. Population dynamics and economic opportunities/challenges of development;
4. Causes and consequences of global and/or national-scale demographic transitions;
5. Comparative health risks, health inequities and income-based inequalities;
6. Population aging and related policy challenges/solutions (across the life-course);