The City of Calgary, in partnership with community leaders, has announced $1 million in funding for new and innovative ideas to help alleviate mental health and addiction issues in Calgary. This investment is meant to find new solutions to help Calgarians struggling with mental health and addiction challenges. It’s just missing one thing…your great ideas. No idea is too small or too big. Some will be simple, complete solutions that can be implemented with minimal investments; other ideas will require a bigger investment to move forward to that next step while showing results along the way.
Visit Calgary.ca/communityaction to find out more and submit an idea.
It must be a new idea. This fund is not for expanding or enhancing established programs.
- If you need to buy things or hire people to test your idea, that cost is eligible for funding. The cost to maintain and operate may also be covered during the 120-day test period. However, no funding will be provided for ongoing maintenance, operation or staffing following the test period.
- Staffing costs are eligible for the 120-day period only, with no expectation for extension.
- Pilot project services have to benefit Calgarians.
- Organizations that submit ideas will need to be registered to operate in Alberta.
- Individuals with great ideas will be required to find a qualified organizational partner to apply.
- You may submit more than one idea. But you must use a separate submission form for each distinct idea.