As of February 22, 2021, changes will be made to travel restrictions for international students.
You can now travel to Canada if:
- Your Designated Learning Institution has a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by the provincial authority (you can find uLethbridge on the list here)
- Your study permit is valid, or your application to study in Canada has been approved, and you have a valid Letter of Introduction indicating that approval, along with the required entry document: TRV or eTA (U.S. citizens do not require an entry document)
Travel to Canada to attend the University of Lethbridge (or any school on the approved list) will be considered non-discretionary or essential, and additional letters or documents will not be required to indicate essential travel. Travel to Canada for other reasons (example, for tourism) will not be considered essential. Students should plan their arrival date accordingly.
Additional Requirements for Travellers:
- All travellers to Canada are required to present a detailed quarantine plan upon arrival. Please see here for guidance on creating your quarantine plan.
- A negative COVID-19 test from within 72 hours of scheduled departure is required for all travellers 5 years and older, as of January 7, 2021. Additional details can be found on the Government of Canada website.
- You must submit your travel and contact information, quarantine plan and COVID-19 self-assessment information via the ArriveCan app before checking in at the airport.
Documents you must bring:
- Valid passport with TRV or eTA
- Port of entry letter of introduction that shows you were approved for a study permit
- A valid letter of acceptance from a DLI with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by its province or territory
- Proof that you have enough money to support yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- ArriveCAN app receipt – you can show this receipt on your phone or bring a printout.
- Negative COVID-19 molecular test result
- Your quarantine plan documentation
If you do not have a valid study permit or final approval of your application for a study permit, you cannot travel to Canada at this time.