Workers' Compensation

Faculty, Employees, Students

WORKERS' COMPENSATION is a type of insurance which covers any accident that arises out of, or occurs in the course of employment. All Workers' Compensation claims must be reported to the WCB, by Employee Wellness within 72 hours of the accident (WCB Section 28(2)). If you require a "Workers" report for submission to WCB, please see the following link: Workers report of accident


If involved in an accident at work that results in an injury, damage to personal property (eg. Glasses) or requires a visit to a medical practitioner such as a chiropractor or physician.

Report to  Whenever possible, contact the Wellness Manager prior to visiting a medical practitioner. If you seek medical attention you must notify the attending physician that it is a Workers' Compensation claim.

Report and call Wellness at 403-332-5217.

Occupational Injury Service (OIS) gives injured workers access to a doctor with experience in work-related injuries. Injured workers are typically seen within 30 minutes of arriving at the clinic. The clinics help injured workers return to work quickly and safely by providing expedited care.

Contact Wellness at 403-332-5217 to book an appointment with an OIS clinic in Lethbridge.

Using an OIS clinic for treatment is voluntary. Workers can go to their own doctor if they prefer.

OIS Flow Chart

Any University employee who is travelling out of province on required University business, for less than a 12 month period, has WCB coverage. You are required to provide the Wellness Office with details of the date of your departure, your length of stay and where you will be travelling.