For more information related to the cost of a replacement card visit the IT Services Campus ID Cards Site
- The photos must be taken against a plain white or light-coloured background with enough contrast between the background, facial features and clothing, so that the applicant’s features are clearly distinguishable against the background.
- The photos must be clear, sharp and in focus.
- The photos must show a full front view of the face and top of the shoulders squared to the camera (the image of the face and shoulders must be centered in the photo). The head must not be tilted to the side.
- Applicant should show a neutral facial expression (smiling is permitted, mouth closed) and look straight at the camera.
- Photos must be taken within the last six (6) months.
- The photos must show a full head without any head covering, unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons. However, the head covering must not cast shadows on the face and the full face must be clearly visible.
- Glare and shadows are unacceptable. The lighting must be uniform to avoid glare or shadows across the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
- Photos must represent natural skin tones.
- Eyes must be open and clearly visible. Photos with the red eye effect or red eye alterations are unacceptable.
- Prescription eyeglasses may be worn as long as the eyes are clearly visible and there is no reflection or glare on the eyeglasses.
- Sunglasses and tinted eyeglasses are unacceptable.
A great app called Passport Photo Booth (iOS) or Passport Photo ID Studio(Android) can assist you with taking the perfect photo for your U of L ID card and Residence file. Take the photo and email it directly from the app.