The funds are intended to support academic dissemination/presentation opportunities at nationally and internationally recognised conferences which showcases the high quality of research being done by full-time Alberta graduate students.
If you are traveling outside of Canada, you must register your travel plans with the University through the Campus Safety Travel Abroad Registry and obtain the required authorizations to travel as set out in the U of L Students Safety Abroad procedures.
- Application needs to be submitted prior to travel
- $1,500 minimum
- Students admitted to and registered in a full-time, thesis-based Masters or Doctoral program
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Alberta
- Preference given to 2nd year Masters students and 3rd or 4th year Ph.D. students
- A student may only hold this award once per program of study.
- Presentation of student research at important or major national and/or international conference
- Applicants must apply for funding and receive notification of their award prior to attending the conference and prior to submitting conference expenses
- Recomendation by the School of Graduate Studies
- Apply online through the University of Lethbridge’s awards, scholarships and bursary application portal. Complete the General Application portion and the travel award application will pop up for you to complete under the "Other Recommended Opportunties" section.