WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
MUSIC (ARTS & SCIENCE)
- Bachelor of Arts - Music
- Bachelor of Arts & Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Music/Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Music/Bachelor of Management
Intake:Fall & Spring
Whether you are interested in performance, composition, digital audio arts or music education, our classical music programs are flexible to meet your specific needs and goals.
Pursue your passion for music while exploring diverse courses. If you are interested in music and another subject area, a BA (Music) allows you to explore your interests in the sciences, social sciences and humanities, while still focusing on music.
Through our classical music programs, you can choose a performance route and receive one-on-one instruction from master performer-teachers. Entrance to studio courses is dependent on a successful audition.
You'll attend guest artist classes and have multiple performance opportunities throughout the year. Recitals showcase your development and accomplishments as a musician, and your experience is enhanced by participation in ensembles.
Areas of concentration:
Customize your BA (Music)
- The BA (Music) allows for minors and a higher number of non-major courses then a Bachelor of Music
- The BA & BSc (Music) allows for double majors within both art and another field in the sciences
- You can also combine your love of music with the Dhillon School of Business management degree if your goal is to influence business operations in the cultural sector
Have full access to co-operative education, international exchanges, independent and applied studies as well as volunteer opportunities. uLethbridge is the only university in Alberta to offer co-operative education to all majors in the university, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Degree Length
4 Years (single degree)
5 Years (combined degrees)
- Fine Arts Additional Admissions Requirements
Studio Application & Audition required to access music studio courses.
- University Recital Hall with state-of-the-art acoustics
- 24/7 access to individual practice studios
- 2 large ensemble rehearsal rooms
- 2 Steinway concert grands and 50 rehearsal pianos
- Canada’s most extensive percussion collection
- Studio One – world-class recording studio
- Studio Two – post-production studio
- Music technology and composition lab
- Audio editing suites
- Professional audio gear loan centre
Learn more about our spaces and technology.
- Related Degree Options
Bachelor of Music (Studio)
Bachelor of Music (Digital Audio Arts)
Bachelor of Arts (Music)
Bachelor of Arts & Science (Music)
Bachelor of Music /Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Arts (Music) /Bachelor of Education
- Student Testimonials
"I wish someone had told me not to be intimidated by my professors. All of the professors are here to help you, and want to see you excel. They are extremely approachable, and passionate about their classes. There are some really interesting opportunities you may miss out on, if you don’t take the time to look. Read your emails, look at the dates in the calendar, and get involved!" - Kristine Sekella
Check out what alumni are saying about your program.
Concerts & Recitals
Attend a concert of performance this year.
Participate in an ensemble for credit or non-credit.
Collaborative Piano/Guitar Global Drums Integra Contemporary & Electroacoustics Jazz Ensemble and combos Lethbridge Symphony Orchestra Opera Workshop University Singers University Wind Orchestra
- Fine Arts Scholarships & Awards
Find monetary support as a student in the Faculty of Fine Arts – both as a future student and continuing.
- Music Director
- Music Editor/Publisher
Some of these careers require additional education. Students may also choose to continue their education at the MFA or Ph.D. level.
Find more information about careers opportunities.