Working with current funds

NSERC, SSHRC, and CIHR funding have rules and regulations for using the funds. Details can be found at

If you need to hire a research assistant or technician through your research fund, a Payroll Authorization Form - Research needs to filled out and submitted to Payroll by the appropriate deadlines posted in the Payroll and Finance calendar.

There may be an occasion where a request to spend from future grant installments may be needed. If so, complete the Request for Prespending on a Research Account form and submit to Research Services.