The University of Lethbridge continues to implement a multilayered COVID-19 Prevention Plan. Being vaccinated against COVID-19 is the most critical element of this plan. Regular asymptomatic COVID-19 rapid testing for unvaccinated individuals, well-fitting masks, physical distancing when possible, staying home when ill, good hand hygiene, enhanced building ventilation and frequent cleaning of surfaces are all important elements.
The University is committed to providing academic accommodations, for students with disabilities, in accordance with the Alberta Human Rights Act and the University’s Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities Policy.
Students, who cannot wear a mask for protected grounds, are encouraged to contact email@example.com to learn more about the process and documentation requirements to be considered for mask accommodation.
Students must email from their University email address as inquiries from the general public will not be considered. Please provide a brief description so that we can respond accordingly.
The University will consider a request, which must be submitted by the student, for an exemption from asymptomatic rapid testing/vaccination under protected grounds according to the Alberta Human Rights Act. Students who are requesting an exemption are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the process to be considered for exemption.
Students must email from their University email address as inquiries from the general public will not be considered. Please identify the protected ground under the Human Rights Act so that the response can address the specific need.
Request on religious basis
The required documentation is a letter of support from a religious leader of the pertinent religion including:
- A thorough explanation in support of the request for exemption, one that identifies and explains the connection between the vaccine and the request to be exempted based on religious beliefs.
- Identifying the formal religious doctrine pertaining to the reason for not being vaccinated.
- Indicate the length of time the student has been a member of that religion.
- They should include their name, church, contact information and signature.
The religious leader may submit this information to email@example.com identifying you in the subject line.
Request on medical basis
The required documentation is a letter from a medical doctor including:
- A thorough explanation of the medical basis where the administering of the vaccine is not possible.
- Any relevant additional information that can assist with the review.
- Indicate length of time the individual has been a patient of this health care practitioner.
The document must be on a clinic letterhead, dated and signed by the health care practitioner and include their credentials.