Blue Cross Benefit Booklet - Postdoctoral Fellows

The University of Lethbridge provides the following benefits through our carrier Alberta Blue Cross.

Please fill out all 4 forms below and return them to Human Resources. If you have any questions with filling out the forms, please contact our HR Assistants at If you have specific questions regarding your benefits, please contact For information on how to set up your Bridge account, check our our New Employee page.

1. These forms are to enroll into the University group benefits plan with Alberta Blue Cross. Alberta Blue Cross  is the University of Lethbridge carrier for Extended Health Care and Dental Plans. Your benefits start on the first day of work. However, it can take up to two weeks to get your card from Alberta Blue Cross. To submit a claim, you will have to register for access to the Alberta Blue Cross online services portal. While registering for your account, be sure to add your direct deposit information for reimbursement purposes. Please keep all receipts if you are using your benefits prior to getting your card. To see your benefits at a glance or to see the full benefit booklet, please see the Information section below. 


2. These forms are to set up your payroll.

PDF icondirect_deposit_form.pdf


If you have access to the Bridge, you have the option to update your TD1 Personal Tax Credits online instead of the forms below. To do so, log in, click Employee, then Tax Forms, then TD1 Personal Tax Credits Return. For assistance with understanding and filling out your Federal and Alberta tax forms, please contact the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281. To learn more about personal income taxes and starting work in Canada, please refer to this guide provided by the Canada Revenue Agency.

Federal: 2024 Personal Tax Credits Return (

Alberta: 2024 Alberta Personal Tax Credits Return (



3. This form is only needed if you have a partner and/or you cannot find your marriage certificate.  

PDF icondomestic_partner_spousal_declaration_form.pdf