- What is the math requirement?
- How can I meet the Math Requirement if I've already finished high school? What is an equivalent to Mathematics 30-1?
In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants must satisfactorily complete the following Alberta high school math course:
|Major||Additional Admission Requirement|
|Quantitative Majors: Accounting, Economics, and Finance.||Mathematics 30-1|
|Non-quantitative Majors: Computer Science, First Nations' Governance, General Management, Human Resource Management and Labour Relations, Information Systems (suspended until further notice), International Management, Marketing, and Political Science.||Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2|
2. How can I meet the Math Requirement if I've already finished high school? What is an equivalent to Mathematics 30-1?
In lieu of Mathematics 30-1, students may take an equivalent:
- U of L's Mathematics 0500
- Athabasca's MATH 101 with minimum grade of 75*
- Lethbridge College's MTH 0095*
*Please note these math courses do not transfer to the U of L.
For more Mathematics 30-1 equivalents, see ALIS - High School Equivalents and Admission Requirements.
Currently, students have two semesters to complete the math requirement upon admission. Starting Fall 2016, students will need to meet the math requirement before applying to the U of L.