APPLICATION DEADLINE: All STUDENT applications must be submitted by Friday, March 18, 2022 at 4:00pm MT. All REFERENCE deadline is Friday, March 25, 2022, at 4:00pm MT
Student Application Checklist: It is important to complete the following steps when applying for the Heritage Youth Researcher Summer Program.
- Complete all sections of the HYRS Student Application Form (below). Submit an essay as described in the application.
- You must have at least an 85% average in each of math 20-1 or 20-2, biology 20 and one other Grade 11 science. Please submit your most recent grade reports stamped by your school office. Unless strong justification is made for cases of equity and appropriate program accessibility. Grade 12 courses will not be considered for eligibility to the HYRS Program.
- Have a parent or legal guardian endorse and sign your application form.
- Arrange for TWO science teachers, or one science teacher and one math teacher to be your referees. Please ask your teacher referees to complete the Teacher Referee form located here.
- Arrange for one character reference (community referee) from an adult who is not a relative and who is outside of your high school. Please ask them to complete the Community Referee form located here.
- For students living outside Lethbridge who are unable to arrange their own accommodation, please note the appropriate area on this application form (Living Arrangements).