The Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences is looking for suggestions for candidates to nominate for the upcoming Governor General's Innovation Awards.
To recommend a candidate, please send us a short description of a researcher working in the Humanities and Social Sciences and let us know how they meet the following award criteria:
- Use of new knowledge or technology
- Demonstration of inspiration, creativity, collaboration, risk-taking and problem solving
- Demonstration of initiative and leadership to drive change
- Ability to address a compelling, real-world social, economic or cultural challenge
- Evidence of the innovation’s implementation and impact
The Federation secretariat will review the suggestions and create a short list of candidates. A maximum of four final nominees will be selected by a committee made up of Federation Board members and submitted to the award committee.
In making your suggestions, please consider the diversity of the candidates. Both the short list and the final list of nominees will be determined with a consideration for regional, gender, language, and discipline diversity.