The CCWH offers the six awards to help reach its organizational goals. The deadline for receipt of all 2017 applications is May 15, 2017.
- Carol Gold Article Award – a $500 prize given to the best article published in a peer-reviewed journal in the year prior to the award year.
- Catherine Prelinger Award – a $20,000 award to a scholar whose career has not followed a traditional path through secondary and higher education and whose work has contributed to women in the historical profession.
- CCWH/Berks Graduate Student Fellowship – a $1,000 award to a graduate student completing a dissertation in a history department.
- Ida B. Wells Graduate Student Fellowship – a $1000 annual award given to a graduate student working on a historical dissertation that interrogates race and gender, not ecessarily in a history department.
- Joan Kelly Memorial Prize – a $1,000 annual award for the book in women’s history and/or feminist theory that best reflects the high intellectual and scholarly ideals exemplified by the life and work of Joan Kelly (1928-1982).
- Nupur Chaudhuri First Article Prize – a $1,000 award for the first article published in a referred journal by a CCWH member.
Coordinating Council for Women in History
Monday, May 15, 2017