Request for Proposals -- “Development of a sensor system for rapid quantification of small (100-300Da) molecules in complex biological fluids”
Defence Research and Development Canada, is seeking a research team to investigate surface chemistry modifications of 3D printable thermoplastics for covalent attachment of bioactive proteins in a full/complete monolayer suitable for capturing small-molecule analytes in saliva. The objective of this work is to develop full, working prototypes of hand-held biosensors that are capable of rapidly quantifying small concentrations of analyte in complex biological fluids.
The Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research (CIMVHR) has entered into partnership with the Government of Canada to procure Research and Development Services related to the mental, social and physical wellbeing of active military members, Veterans and their families. CIMVHR is seeking Notices of Interest from qualified researchers or teams to enter into a contract with CIMVHR to produce this Work.
The successful team will have the following minimum qualifications:
- One or more senior investigator(s) with an MD or a PhD in relevant disciplines;
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in conducting the type of work specified by the SOW and a substantial history of publication in the research area;
- Demonstrated experience in research design and analysis appropriate to the scope of work;
- A faculty appointment at one of CIMVHR’s member Universities in Canada (A list of member Universities is available at https://cimvhr.ca/university-partners);
- Be able to meet project deliverables within stated timelines;
Please see the accompanying Statement of Work for more details.
Qualified researchers may submit a notice of interest that includes:
- A 1 page document listing relevant experience of the principal investigator and team members;
- A 1-2 page document that outlines the proposed approach and methodology that would be used to conduct the work;
- The CV of the principal investigator and any coinvestigators proposed;
- A draft project budget and 1 page budget justification
Please submit applications by 8:00am on Monday, January 8th, 2018 to email@example.com
For further information, please contact:
Contracts and Publications Coordinator
Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research
Phone: 613-533-6000 Xt 74756