The Mass Spectrometry facility houses an Orbitrap Fusion™ Tribrid™ Mass Spectrometer.
We offer primarily a peptide and protein identification service. See our service prices and sample preparation guidelines below.
|ARRTI Member||University of Lethbridge||External Academic||Commercial or Industry|
In-gel digestion with NanoLC-MS (Single band)
In-solution digestion with NanoLC-MS (Single protein)
In-solution digestion with NanoLC-MS (Multiple proteins†)
Sample preparation guidelines
1. Coomassie stained gel bands from 0.75 to 1.0mm SDS-PAGE gels can be submitted in centrifuge tubes without water. Please label sample names on tubes.
2. In general, for protein ID from gel bands, any band clearly visible by Coomassie staining is acceptable.
3. To minimize keratin contamination, please use freshly prepared reagents, buffers, and work in a laminar flow hood when preparing samples.
4. Please de-stain gels thoroughly.
5. Please do not combine different bands in the same tube.
6. We DO NOT ACCEPT silver staining gel bands.
1. Proteins should be desalted in a water-based buffer with either dialysis or centrifuge filter in an appropriate MW cut-off membrane.
2. Please submit 40μl of 10μM of protein sample in centrifuge tubes with clear labeling on top/side.
3. If your sample has detergents and surfactants, they will have to be run on SDS-PAGE. Submit gel bands for analysis.