Alberta Status of Women is now accepting applications for our 2017‑18 Community Grant Program. Our government has made $500,000 available this yeafarrah@3ELMConsulting.comr to registered not-for-profits and charitable organizations for projects that make life better for women and girls in Alberta.
Grants are available for projects that advance one or more of our priority areas:
- Increasing women’s economic security;
- Increasing women in leadership and democratic participation; and
- Preventing and responding to gender-based violence.
Projects can fall into one of two streams:
- The Enhancement Stream is for unique, short-term projects, staff development, or organizing events, conferences, or training. Up to $25,000 per application is available for organizing conferences, training, and events, and up to $5,000 per application is available for attending them.
- The Innovation Stream expands successful programs into new parts of Alberta, or sets up mentoring relationships between organizations in different fields. Up to $50,000 per application is available through this stream.
Send your best, creative pitches to support women’s equality and apply for a Status of Woman grant to put that idea into action. We encourage you to submit applications by the January 10, 2018 deadline.
If you have any questions regarding the program or application process, please visit swgrants.alberta.ca. Upcoming teleconference times will be posted where you can call with questions for grants program staff.