Defence Research and Development Canada, is seeking a researcher to perform a validation and comparative analysis of a methodology used by the Canadian Forces Aircrew Selection Centre (CFASC) to screen potential pilots, and determine its relative effectiveness to alternate assessment methods. The objective of this work isto serve the CFASC’s needs for instruments to better inform personnel discussions regarding pilot selection.
The Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research (CIMVHR) has entered into partnership with the Government of Canada to procure Research and Development Services related to the mental, social and physical wellbeing of active military members, Veterans and their families. CIMVHR is seeking Notices of Interest from qualified researchers or teams to enter into a contract with CIMVHR to produce this Work.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- One or more senior investigators with an MD or a PhD in a relevant discipline;
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in conducting the type of work specified by the SOW and a substantial history of publication in the research area;
- Demonstrated experience in research design and analysis appropriate to the scope of work;
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise and recent productivity in anthropometry and multivariate workspace accommodation modeling and analysis;
- A faculty appointment at one of CIMVHR’s member Universities in Canada (A list of member Universities is available at https://cimvhr.ca/university-partners);
- Be able to meet project deliverables within stated timelines;
Please see the accompanying Statement of Work for more details.
Qualified researchers may submit a notice of interest that includes:
- A 1 page document listing relevant experience of the principal investigator and team members;
- A 1-2 page document that outlines the proposed approach and methodology that would be used to conduct the work;
- The CV of the principal investigator and any coinvestigators proposed;
- A draft project budget and 1 page budget justification
Please submit applications by 6 October 2017 to email@example.com
For further information, please contact:
Contracts and Publications Coordinator
Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research
Phone: 613-533-6000 Xt 74756