For the Invention Disclosure Form (IDF) , The University of Lethbridge will reserve the right to share information in this IDF on a confidential basis, as part of an inter-institutional agreement. The University of Lethbridge is committed to the protection of all personal information in accordance with the principles set out in the provisions of the University's Guidelines/Policies. PIPEDA and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of Alberta in regards to Access to Information and Protection of Privacy. The University will comply with PIPEDA, The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of Alberta and with respect to all personal information collected, used or disclosed by it in the course of commercial activities.
Please identify the commercial space in which this invention resides. If possible, provide a list of commercial entities that populate this commercial space and would possess similar technologies and approaches.
Please identify, from your prospective, the novel and distinguishing features of the invention. Consider what problem the invention solves; how this solution differs from existing technologies (if any) and how these differences are advantageous over these existing technologies.
Describe alternate technologies/products which you are aware accomplish the same purpose as this invention, along with the companies that market, manufacture or make use of them. If not known, please state: "Not aware of any alternate technologies/companies".
List patent applications that are known (Title and application number)
The records produced based on this document contains information that would reveal trade secrets of the Contributor(s) or commercial, financial, scientific or technical information of the Contributor(s) that is supplied in confidence, the disclosure of which could be expect to either:
- Harm significantly the competitive position or interfere significantly with the negotiating positon of the Contributor(s) or their Agent(s); or
- Result in similar information no longer being supplied to the Univeristy when it is in the public interest that similar information continue to be supplied; or
- Result in undue financial loss to the Contributor(s).
Accordingly, except as required by law or as otherwise permitted pursuant to the terms of this Document, neither the University nor the Contributor(s) will disclose the contents of this Document or the foregoing records other than:
- For the purpose of implementation or enforcement of the same; or
- A general statement on the parties to the Document and the Title of the Technology, either party being entitled to publish that information.
Once completed and submitted, please forward any additional documentation to:
Univeristy-Industry Liasion Office
Office of Research and Innovation Services
The University of Lethbridge
Room B634, University Hall
Lethbridge, AB, Canada T1K 3M4
* Within 30 days of receipt of this Report of Invention, a meeting with the University-Industry Liasion Manager will determine whether additional information (detailed disclosure) is required.