Finding a Family Physician
Did you know that approximately 70% of students come from outside of Lethbridge???
The Health Centre Physician Clinics are aimed at providing comprehensive medical services to students while they are attending the University of Lethbridge.
1) If you are from out of town:
-use Emergency Services if a true emergency is occurring (needing police fire or ambulance) and call 911
-call 811 for 24/7 Medical Advice HEALTH LINK ALBERTA
- Call 403-329-2484 ext 1 for an appointment with a physician. Physician Clinics are available Monday through Friday on campus at SU 020. When you call for an appointment, please let the booking staff know what the issue is and the immediacy of your need.
2) If you live in Lethbridge:
-we ask you to keep seeing your family physician if you have an existing connection (Medical Home)
-if you do not have a family physician, students can use the Health Centre Physician Clinic services in the same manner as out-of-town students.
3) Alumni are encouraged to seek a family physician after graduation to ensure continuity of care of their medical issues
4) Faculty and staff are encouraged to seek a family physician in the community. We can occasionally see faculty and staff for a medical appointment for a small health concern (sore throat, headache, etc). A family physician connection (medical home) is important for continuity of medical care.
The Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons has a search engine located on their website to assist with locating physicians currently accepting clients. We recommend using this tool to assist you in locating a famiy physician in Lethbridge or in your new location. The Health Centre may also have a list of community based clinics currently accepting new clients. Feel free to contact us for more information.