In addition to the English Language Proficiency requirement for regular University of Lethbridge undergraduate admission, applicants to the Faculty of Health Sciences must also meet a Spoken English Language Proficiency (SELP) requirement. This additional SELP requirement is essential because students must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues, instructors, professionals, and the public in a variety of settings. Evidence of SELP must be presented prior to admission and may be shown in one of the following ways:
1. At least six consecutive years of full-time study in a country where the primary language is English from a recognized institution where the language of instruction is English. These studies must include satisfactory completion of English Language Arts 30-1 or its equivalent, or satisfactory completion of a university-level course in English (minimum 3.0 credit hours).
2. A score of at least 26 on the iBT TOEFL Speaking section.
3. A score of at least 7.5 on the Academic IELTS band for Speaking.
4. A score of at least 70 on the CAEL sub-test for Speaking.
5. A score of at least 3 on the MELAB Speaking section.