NOTE: The deadline for this award has passed (May 15, 2019)
- The purpose is to support Indigenous Albertans in their pursuit of a master's degree or doctoral degree
- May 15
- $7,500 - 15,000
- Students must be enrolled in a full time master's or doctoral program.
- Be a Status Indian/First Nations, Non-Status Indian/First Nations, Métis, or Inuit
- Be Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or have protected person status under Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be a resident of Alberta
pply online through the University of Lethbridge’s awards, scholarships and bursary application portal.
Students must provide proof of their Indigenous ancestry to their institution before their eligibility is determined. Acceptable forms of proof may include one of the following, however institutions may use discretion and accept other documentation (e.g. proof that an ancestor’s name has been entered in the Indian Registry according to the Indian Act or as a beneficiary of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement) on a case by case basis:
- certificate of Indian Status, a status card or a band membership card
- letter from their band verifying their status
- membership card issued by a Métis organization the student is registered with (Metis organization must be a legal entity)
- a certified copy of a Nunavut Trust Certificate card or Inuit beneficiary card
- letter of support from Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada or Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporateda
- letter of support from an First Nation, Metis or Inuit organization (must be a legal entity) confirming the applicant’s aboriginal ancestry