What is wait-listing?
The Dhillon School of Business will accept requests from continuing students who were unable to register in a required Lethbridge campus Management (MGT) course at the start of their registration window for Fall or Spring terms. There is no wait-listing for summer term. Please note CPSC, ECON, ENGL, MATH, POLI, PSYC, SOCI, STAT, and WRIT courses should be wait-listed through the Faculty of Arts & Science.
When can I wait-list?
The Fall 2020 wait-list request form will be available in April 2020.
How do I wait-list for a Lethbridge Management (MGT) course?
1. Make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You were unable to register in a required course at the start of your registration window.
- You have the prerequisites and corequisites required for the course.
- The wait-listed course fits with your current registration and either does not exceed the 5 course (15 credit hour) limit or you will indicate a course to be dropped in its place.
- The course is required by your current declared major in the upcoming term because:
a) it is your final term -OR-
b) it is a prereq needed for sequencing for a future final term -OR-
c) it is only offered once a year and it is your final year.
2. Meet with a Dhillon School of Business advisor to obtain a wait-list code. The wait-list code is not a guarantee of being wait-listed, but is required to submit a request. Submissions without a valid wait-list code will be discarded without notice.
4. Submit a wait-list request form.
What if I am not eligible for wait-listing?
If you are not eligible for wait-listing, you may have other options and can consult with a Dhillon School of Business advisor. Also, keep in mind there is lots of registration movement and a seat may open up in the course you want in one of the following ways:
- MGT courses that are initially reserved for specific majors will have the reserves dropped after wait-listing ends which may result in possible available seats.
- Students continually add and drop classes once registration opens for the term. Activity is especially high from the first day of classes until the add deadline. If you are persistent in checking, you may be successful in adding the course.
If you do not meet the wait-list eligibility, but feel you have extenuating circumstances that require you to be in a specific course in the upcoming semester, please meet with a Dhillon School of Business advisor.