Real work experience with great companies
Joining the Co-op program is one of the best and fastest ways to begin working within the career you're passionate about.
The Co-operative Education Program’s goal is to prepare you to find employment with one of the many employers that are eager to hire students for four-, eight- or 12-month full-time work terms. As a Co-op student, you'll have access to positions available only to Co-op students. Not only will you be paid in those positions, but you will apply what you learned in the classroom and gain that valuable experience employers look for when they hire.
But that's not all. With the assistance of Co-op staff, you will also develop a professional resume, learn solid interview tips and skills and have access to career-related workshops.
What's in it for you ?
Here are the advantages to becoming a co-op student:
- relevant employment opportunities with quality employers
- career-development workshops and practice interviews
- one-on-one career development, resume and interview assistance
- interview preparation tips
- exclusive job board access with work terms available locally nationally and internationally
- follow-up with co-op staff after interviews
- on-site Co-op work visits to see how things are going
- help with developing a self-initiated work term if you know of an employer who could benefit from hiring you.
- access to volunteer opportunities that help build your skill set
To be eligible to apply for and to remain in the co-op program you must have:
- current full-time University of Lethbridge registration at the Lethbridge or Calgary campuses in a Bachelor of Management, Management Certificate, or Professional Diploma in Accounting program. You must have at least one full-time academic semester left to complete your degree, and be registered on a continuing basis (fall and spring semesters).
- A minimum 2.70 cumulative GPA in good academic standing, or other previous employment/volunteer experience. In order to continue in the co-op program, you must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.70.
- If you are applying in your first year directly from high school, a 70% average is needed
Individual employers may have their own minimum GPA requirements which are higher
If you are in your final semester and have completed all your courses or have applied to graduate, you are not eligible for the co-op program.
To apply for the Co-operative Education program, please visit the Co-operative Education website.
Already registered in the Co-op program? Visit the Career Bridge portal for information on how to prepare for interviews, upcoming events, schedule a practice interview, seek available opportunities on the job board and more.
If you have any questions about the Co-op program, please contact:
Program Assistant, Management Co-op Program